DECEMBER 2018 CONSIGNMENT NEWSLETTER
The Guild Shop
Houston, Texas 77006
The Guild Shop Store Hours:
Consignment checks will be available for pick up on Monday, December 10th. Consignment checks not picked up will be mailed on Saturday, December 15th. Please remember to cash them!
Household: eight items per household consignment day and no take-ins on Fridays until further notice. Fast-Track available for household items.
Clothing: Up to five items of clothing accepted each consignment day. This is the time to bring in velvets, furs, heavier coats, and dark colored clothing. All items must be cleaned, pressed and on hangers with no pilling, stains or holes. Items must be of current style. Shoes, belts and hats are accepted as part of the five items but each type needs a separate contract. Not accepting knit vests or boots. Accepting like-new winter purses. Purses must have clean interiors.
High end designer clothes are accepted on clothing days or you may contact our designer chair at 713-528-5095 to arrange a private appointment.
Furniture and Rugs are accepted by appointment only. Email photos of your furniture and/or rugs to email@example.com. Please include your contact information. You will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss your items and schedule an appointment. No single dining chairs.
TIPS FOR QUICKER TAKE IN – before coming in to consign:
Please check for consignment updates on our website at www.theguildshop.org.
- Print and complete contract from website. Include as much detail as possible about the items on the contract. Starting in January you will need to print out two copies of your contracts-one to turn in and one for your records.
- Use masking tape or stickers to include your account number on your items. For clothing, place sticker inside of the garment – not on outside of the fabric. Garments without stickers will be considered donations.
- Do not place strong adhesive on leather items or delicate finishes as the adhesive may peel off the leather and finish.
- Do a final inspection of items for condition and season.
- Separate jewelry by type (bracelets, earrings, necklaces, pins, watches, etc.) and place in small Ziploc bags labeled with your account number. Then, consolidate these bags into one large Ziploc bag labeled with the account number with completed jewelry contract enclosed.
- Link The Guild Shop to your Kroger card with our organization # LN812
- Link The Guild Shop to your Randalls card with our organization #13716
- Link The Guild Shop to our Amazon Smile page https://smile.amazon.com/ch/