JANUARY 2019 CONSIGNMENT NEWSLETTER
The Guild Shop
Houston, Texas 77006
The Guild Shop Store Hours:
Jewelry: We are accepting up to 10 pieces of jewelry on jewelry consignment dates. This is the time to bring in your rodeo and Valentine jewelry. Please do not place any stickers on jewelry. You must use and label plastic Ziplock bags that can be sealed. We no longer provide bags for jewelry. Due to Federal Law, The Guild Shop cannot accept pieces of IVORY or TORTOISE. Native American, amber and jade pieces are selling really well right now as are our high-end selections of 14k, diamond and gemstones. Fast tract available for jewelry at jewelry office door.
Furniture & Rugs: accepted by appointment only. Email photos and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No single dining chairs.
Household: eight items per household consignment day and no take-ins on Fridays until further notice. Fast-Track available for household items.
Clothing: We are ready for your Rodeo Clothing. WE WILL LIMIT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS IN JANUARY ON OUR CLOTHING TAKE-IN DAYS: Pants or slacks – 1 pair, Jeans – 1 pair, Jacket – 1 each, Shoes or Cowboy boots – 1 pair, Hat – 1 each, Belt – 1 each. No more Fashion Boots, Winter Sweaters, Blazers, Heavy Coats, Vests, Formals, or Furs. Save your Spring items for later. All items must be cleaned, pressed, and on hangers with no pilling, stains or holes. Items must be of current style. Shoes, belts and hats are accepted as part of the seven items but each type needs a separate contract. Purses must have clean interiors. High end designer clothes are accepted on clothing days or you may contact our designer chair at 713-528-5095 to arrange a private appointment.
Art: All hanging art must have a wire on the back. If over-sized, email photo to email@example.com.
Furniture and Rugs are accepted by appointment only. Email photos of your furniture and/or rugs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your contact information. You will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss your items and schedule an appointment. No single dining chairs.
Please check our website for the complete NO TAKE LIST.
TIPS FOR QUICKER TAKE IN – before coming in to consign:
Please check for consignment updates on our website at www.theguildshop.org.
- Print and complete contract from website. Include as much detail as possible about the items on the contract. Starting in January you will need to print out two copies of your contracts-one to turn in and one for your records.
- Use masking tape or stickers to include your account number on your items. For clothing, place sticker inside of the garment – not on outside of the fabric. Garments without stickers will be considered donations.
- Do not place strong adhesive on leather items or delicate finishes as the adhesive may peel off the leather and finish.
- Do a final inspection of items for condition and season.
- Separate jewelry by type (bracelets, earrings, necklaces, pins, watches, etc.) and place in small Ziploc bags labeled with your account number. Then, consolidate these bags into one large Ziploc bag labeled with the account number with completed jewelry contract enclosed.
Consignment Contract 2019 – click here for a consignment contract
Jewelry Consignment Contract-2019- click here for a jewelry contract
Everyday Giving: Three simple ways to support The Guild Shop in helping the elderly in need:
- Link The Guild Shop to your Kroger card with our organization # LN812
- Link The Guild Shop to your Randalls card with our organization #13716
- Link The Guild Shop to our Amazon Smile page https://smile.amazon.com/ch/
Thank you for your consignments and donations! The Guild Shop proceeds support ministries that make a great impact in the lives of the elderly in need. Currently, we are supporting the following:
Amazing Place, Holly Hall, Interfaith Care Partners, Home Assessments for Seniors program-SJD-Vita Living.