THE GUILD SHOP
Houston, TX 77006
Like us on Facebook
We will be closed on Friday, March 30, 2018 and Saturday, March 31, 2018 for the Easter Holiday. We will reopen Monday, April 2, 2018. The Guild Shop wishes you and yours a blessed Easter holiday.
2018 Updates and Newsletter
M – F 9:30AM – 3:30 PM
Sat 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Sales Tax Free Shopping Event
Saturday, April 14, 2018
10:00AM – 3PM
The Guild Shop has designated April 14 as a sales tax free shopping day. Every item in our shop valued under $5,000 will be exempt from sales tax.
Consignment Check Information and Consignment Schedule
Consignors will receive an email a few days before the 15th of this month only if they have a consignment check. The email will include the amount of their check and a listing of their sales prior to March 31, 2018. Consignor checks may be picked up beginning on Monday, April 16, 2018 until Monday, April 30, 2018. Any check not picked up will be mailed on Monday, April 30, 2018.
Consignment times from April 2 to April 21 are:
M-W-F 9:30 AM -12:30 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM -11:30 AM
TIPS FOR CONSIGNORS FOR QUICKER TAKE IN
- Tape or sticker your account number on the inside of the garment and not on the outside fabric.
- Do not place strong adhesive on leather and delicate finishes as the adhesive may peel off the leather and finish.
- Do a final inspection of items for condition and seasonality.
- Print and complete contract from website (www.theguildshop.org).
- Include as much detail as possible about the items on the contract.
- Separate jewelry by type (bracelets, earrings, necklaces, pins) and place in small Ziploc bags labeled with your account number and consolidate all small bags into one large labeled Ziploc bag.
- Helpful hint: place your account number in your cell phone under The Guild Shop so you will readily have it.
Jewelry items are accepted on Friday, April 6, 2018 and Saturday, April 21, 2018. Consignors may bring up to 10 pieces of jewelry each jewelry take in day.
UPDATE: The Guild Shop will be accepting pearls, cuff links, sterling, gold, and summer colored jewelry. Due to current inventory, pierced earrings will not be accepted in April.
As a reminder, please do not place stickers on jewelry. You must use and label plastic bags, such as Ziploc, that can be sealed. The Guild Shop no longer provides bags for jewelry.
Due to federal law, The Guild Shop cannot accept pieces of ivory or tortoise.
Clothing items are accepted on the first three Wednesdays and first two Saturdays of April. We will accept in–style spring and summer clothing. Clothes must be on hangers and not wrinkled. We will not accept winter clothing (furs, coats, sweaters, jackets, or vests). Consignors may bring up to 5 clothing items per consignment day. Shoes, purses, belts and hats are accepted as part of the 5 clothing items. The purse, the hat, and the belt need a separate contract each. The purse must be clean on the inside. Please see below for more details.
UPDATE: Fast Track is only discontinued for clothing.
UPDATE: Jeans, pants, belt, hat and purse: One of each type will be accepted per consignment take in. Colors must be seasonal (ie. White, khaki, or pastels).
UPDATE: Prom attire and seasonal dresses are needed.
As a reminder, we do not take the following items:
- Athletic shoes/uniforms/baseball caps
- Children’s/baby clothing/shoes
- Garments with advertising logos
- Handmade clothing
- Scarves (unless designer)
- Suit coats w/o pants or skirts for men and women
- Tank tops and T-shirts (donation only)
- Ties (donation only)- unless designer
- Tote bags with logos
- Wallets (unless designer)
- Wedding/bridesmaid dresses
Shoes are accepted on clothing take in days only. One pair of shoes is accepted as part of the 5 clothing items and must be placed on a separate contract.
UPDATE: No fashion boots are accepted until fall 2018.
High end designer clothing may be accepted by appointment. Please call 713-528-5095.
Art accepts one piece of art per consignor on the first three Mondays in April. All hanging art must have a wire on the back. Art larger than 36″ on any one side is only accepted by appointment. Email photos of oversized art to email@example.com for an appointment. Please include your contact information. You will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss your items and schedule an appointment.
Household items are accepted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday through Saturday, April 21, 2018. Five consignment items are accepted each scheduled day during scheduled consignment times.
UPDATE: No mirrors will be accepted in April.
Furniture and Rugs are accepted by appointment only. Please email photos of your furniture and/or rugs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your contact information. You will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss your items and schedule an appointment.
Here are three easy ways to support The Guild Shop in helping the elderly in need:
- Link The Guild Shop to your Kroger card with our organization #99797
- Link The Guild Shop to your Randalls card with our Good Neighbor Number organization # 13716
- Use this link to our Amazon Smile’s page.
Thank you for your consignments and donations.
If you have any suggestions, questions, or comments please send an email to ED@theguildshop.org.
The Guild Shop has updated its contract – The new contract can be found here: Consignment Contract
The jewelry contract can be found here: Jewelry Contract
- Check the Never-Take-List to make sure the items you are consigning are acceptable.